Submit A Resource
Subscribe By Email (265+)
Oct 12, 2012
Working on something a wee bit more complex? Unlike fat, grown-up frameworks, Chibi focuses on just the essentials, melted down and mixed with optimization rainbows to create a really light micro-framework that allows you to do awesome things, asshatory free.
- Chibi is really tiny: 5KB minified, 2KB gzipped, small enough to stick inline on single page web apps, saving an extra HTTP request.
- Supports modern desktop and mobile browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari (see Browser Support below).
- Even supports creaky old browsers like IE6.
- No animation cruft, instead use CSS transitions like a nice person.
- In modern browsers, Chibi typically executes DOM manipulation 20% to 50% faster than grown-up frameworks.
- The lumpy, chewy bits
- Chibi's polyfill for document.querySelectorAll() is limited to browser CSS support and is not as fast as some dedicated selector engines. This means no input[type=text] or p:nth-child(even) selectors with IE6. Fortunately modern browser don't need this polyfill.
- Ancient browsers that support neither document.querySelectorAll() nor window.getComputedStyle can bugger off.
Chibi has been tested with and supports the following browsers:
- Android Browser 2.1 or higher
- Blackberry Browser 6 or higher
- Chrome Android
- Firefox 3.5 or higher
- Firefox Mobile
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Internet Explorer Mobile 9 or higher
- Opera 10 or higher
- Opera Mini
- Opera Mobile 10 or higher
- Safari 3.2 or higher
- Safari Mobile 3.2 or higher
- Symbian^3 Browser or higher
License: MIT License
Trending Posts On Functionn This Week
Other Interesting Resources:
- 20 Fresh, High-Quality Free WordPress Themes 2012
- 50 Fresh, High-Quality Free WordPress Themes 2012 - Edition #2
- The Most Comprehensive Index Of Free Icon Fonts/Iconic Web Fonts
- BLUR.JS - A JQUERY PLUGIN PRODUCING PSUEDO-TRANSPARENT BLURRED ELEMENTS
- Selene - A Stunning & Sleek jQuery UI Theme
- jQuery UI Bootstrap Theme - Bootstrap v2.X's Theme For jQuery UI
- JQuery (275)
- Libraries (132)
- CSS (115)
- frameworks (113)
- Tools (112)
- html (86)
- Github (79)
- html5 (72)
- Node.js (58)
- mobile (52)
- Responsive (49)
- CSS3 (47)
- page effects (45)
- Web Design (41)
- Bootstrap (35)
- twitter (31)
- image effets (22)
- MVC (18)
- generators (18)
- CoffeeScript (16)
- graphics (10)