Submit A Resource
Subscribe By Email (265+)
Nov 22, 2012
Pomelo - A Fast, Scalable, Distributed Game Server Framework For Node.js
Pomelo is a fast, scalable, distributed game server framework for Node.js. It provides the basic development framework and a lot of related components, including libraries and tools. Pomelo is also suitable for real-time web application, its distributed architecture makes Pomelo scales better than other real-time web framework.
Why should you use Pomelo?
Fast, scalable, realtime game server development is not an easy job. A good container or framework can reduce the complexity. Unfortunately, not like web, the game server framework solution is quite rare, especially open source. Pomelo will fill this blank, providing a full solution for building game server framework. The following are the advantages:
- The architecture is scalable. It uses multi-process, single thread runtime architecture, which has been proved in industry and especially suitable for node.js thread model.
- Easy to use, the development model is quite similiar to web, using convention over configuration, almost zero config. The api is also easy to use.
- The framework is extensible. Based on node.js micro module principle, the core of pomelo is small. All the components, libraries and tools are individual npm modules, anyone can create their own module to extend the framework.
- The reference is quite complete, we have complete documents.Besides documents, we also provide a full open source MMO demo(html5 client), which is a far more better reference than any books.
- Scalable architecture for game - Pomelo uses multi-process architecture in nature, which is proved to be scalable. With Pomelo, you can achieve this architecture in almost zero code.
- Easy to use API and framework - Pomelo framework can help you to extend servers easily, and handle request/response, broadcast, RPC with minimal codes.
- Focus on performance - With a lot of stress tests for improving performance, we've breaked many bottlenecks. Pomelo has achieved industry level in many ways like online users.
- A lot of libraries and tools – Besides Pomelo, a rich set of powerful libraries are provided, including AI, AOI, schedule, etc. Meanwhile a variety of tools such as stress testing and command line can make your work easier.
License: MIT License
Trending Posts On Functionn This Week
Other Interesting Resources:
- 20 Fresh, High-Quality Free WordPress Themes 2012
- 50 Fresh, High-Quality Free WordPress Themes 2012 - Edition #2
- The Most Comprehensive Index Of Free Icon Fonts/Iconic Web Fonts
- BLUR.JS - A JQUERY PLUGIN PRODUCING PSUEDO-TRANSPARENT BLURRED ELEMENTS
- Selene - A Stunning & Sleek jQuery UI Theme
- jQuery UI Bootstrap Theme - Bootstrap v2.X's Theme For jQuery UI
- JQuery (275)
- Libraries (132)
- CSS (115)
- frameworks (113)
- Tools (112)
- html (86)
- Github (79)
- html5 (72)
- Node.js (58)
- mobile (52)
- Responsive (49)
- CSS3 (47)
- page effects (45)
- Web Design (41)
- Bootstrap (35)
- twitter (31)
- image effets (22)
- MVC (18)
- generators (18)
- CoffeeScript (16)
- graphics (10)