Submit A Resource
Subscribe By Email (265+)
Dec 14, 2012
Roots - A Toolbox For Building Simple, Beautiful, And Efficient Products For The Web
Roots is a toolbox for building simple, beautiful, and efficient products for the web. Roots is a toolkit built on best practices for advanced front-end web development.
It has a very large number of features, which I’ll attempt to list below. Roots comes in the form of a static site build tool by default, but also includes templates and plugins for express.js and rails. Plugins for RailwayJS and Sinatra are also in the works.
- Extremely simple installation.
- Clean and minimal default project template.
- Jade, Stylus, and CoffeeScript default stack.
- Super fast live reload implementation.
- Compile errors displayed as a flash message, doesn’t break workflow.
- Layouts and partials fully supported.
- CoffeeScript and markdown can be written directly in views.
- Extremely robust, modular, and powerful CSS helper library built in.
- Global variables and functions (view helpers).
- Clean and intuitive app settings file.
- Single command deploy to Heroku.
- Efficient client-side js management through bower and Require.js.
- Easy to extend with a simple and well-documented plugin interface.
License: MIT License
Trending Posts On Functionn This Week
Other Interesting Resources:
- 20 Fresh, High-Quality Free WordPress Themes 2012
- 50 Fresh, High-Quality Free WordPress Themes 2012 - Edition #2
- The Most Comprehensive Index Of Free Icon Fonts/Iconic Web Fonts
- BLUR.JS - A JQUERY PLUGIN PRODUCING PSUEDO-TRANSPARENT BLURRED ELEMENTS
- Selene - A Stunning & Sleek jQuery UI Theme
- jQuery UI Bootstrap Theme - Bootstrap v2.X's Theme For jQuery UI
- JQuery (275)
- Libraries (132)
- CSS (115)
- frameworks (113)
- Tools (112)
- html (86)
- Github (79)
- html5 (72)
- Node.js (58)
- mobile (52)
- Responsive (49)
- CSS3 (47)
- page effects (45)
- Web Design (41)
- Bootstrap (35)
- twitter (31)
- image effets (22)
- MVC (18)
- generators (18)
- CoffeeScript (16)
- graphics (10)